- Successfully wrapped up a Kickstarter campaign and exceeded the goal by 7%. The campaign was to generate funds to get a portable wood-fired oven. The oven has been ordered through Woodland Stoves and Fireplaces and should arrive in the next week or so. We will be documenting the camp set up including installing the oven in August.
- Because the Kickstarter campaign was so successful, I have begun distributing the prizes. Last night the $5 and $10 pledges were prepared and will be mailed tonight. This weekend, I will be preparing the $20, $25, and $50 pledge rewards. I’ve also ordered the hardcover books for the high rewards.
- My house smells so good from all of the spice making I have been doing. The majority of it was for the Kickstart campaign, but I’ve also been testing new recipes. Spices blends are not developed in minutes, but in hours. The last batch of 10 garam masala and 8 curry took my two and a half hours.
- This next week, I will be a guest lecturer at the Medieval Minnesota Camp. There, I will be teaching the history of spices, spice blends, and medicinal uses of spices over the years. Each lecture is an hour long.
- I have a big event on July 21, but I cannot announce it until after the event. Once done, I plan on posting photo and information.
- Gearing up for the new season of the Minnesota Renaissance Festival in Shakopee, MN. This will be my 29th year our there and my 13th year as Alice the Cook. We have a lot of fun recipes to demonstrate. Also as a note, I will be briefly changing characters (and costumes) for another show out there – Human Combat Chess. I have been cast as the black side lead and you can see me perform as someone other than Alice (if you wish).
- In October, I will be teaching Community Education classes for Saint Paul Public Schools. I will be teaching on October 9 – History of Spices, November 1 – Exploring Spice Blends, and November 15 – Gifts from the Kitchen. Once the registration information is available, I will post it here.
As you can see, I’ve been rather busy. Once the Kickstarter awards go out, I will be able to focus more on this website. I know for a fact that most of you visit for the recipes.